My Blog List

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Manifesto Project

My manifesto was based on the influence the Africans had from the Western world. We adapted the ways of the westerners and started living like them. I wanted to combine the African culture with the Western culture because I knew the result would be different and unique. My design ideas, i got from the western world and the fabrics i chose, i got from the African paintings that inspired me. It was not easy making decisions on which fabrics to use but with time i realised I would combine the most difficult fabrics together which are lace and satin. It wasn't easy because one had stretch and the other didn't so in stitching them the fabrics kept moving. Then I added pure cotton fabric to it to stabilise it a little bit and it worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment