My Blog List

Friday, August 20, 2010

Final Year aspirations

I hope that in this final year I would come up with more sophisticated designs. I would like to bring other cultures into my work and also learn how to work with different fabrics. I want to go to India because I think their culture in a way is unique. I love their clothing and would like to change it slightly in my own way. I would also like to now take inspiration from architecture. Buildings have different shapes and some have patterns and line that run in different ways to make the building stand out or look sophisticated. For my final designs I want to use fabrics that are slightly different to the ones I used in my first year. I want my work to stand out and to also have a signature so that when people see the designs they would know they were made by me. My final designs are going to have a little twist to them and in order to arrive at the results I want, I have already started making some sketches from church interiors and also building shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment