My Blog List

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inspirational designers

Design by Jean Paul Gaultier

Designers I am most inspired by are Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dior and Zoe Bradley. The structure of the works makes me want to explore the different ways in which fabrics can be used. Alexander McQueen has extraordinary clothing. Jean Paul Gaultiers new collection has inspired me and made me want to take a step further to try something new. He had a collection that was inspired by the interior of churches. That was one of the most beautiful collections I have ever seen and I do intend to try it out. Dior inspires me with the stunning colours that they use in their collection and also the shape that they give to their clothing even using soft fabrics like silk, satin or chiffon. Zoe Bradley does eco-friendly clothing using recycled object. Most of her dresses are made using papers and it gives the dress a whole new look and I wish to try out some of these things in future. These designers have given me more ideas and have made my path really broad now so walking down the path wouldn't be as hard for me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment