My Blog List

Saturday, August 14, 2010

THE BIG CHANGE!!!

I never used to be into fashion. What I wore or what I looked like never bothered me; I was okay as long as I had clothes to put on. Never thought I would be interested in fashion. I was into maths, calculations, business management. My older sister taught me how to draw. She used to put fashion illustrations all over the wall in her room and I thought her drawings were amazing and fascinating. I was 7yrs old at the time and then I took interest in Art. Then I studied her drawings closer each time I walked into her room to realise it wasn't the person she was focusing on...instead it was the clothing they were wearing. She had the greatest sense of fashion in our house and after studying her drawings I wanted to be like her. I started taking care with the clothing I put on and then at the age of 9 I had my own Fashion collection booklet. I came up with different designs and ideas just kept flowing in and everytime I had an idea I'd run and sketch it out and colour it in. After this book was filled with different designs I realised it was fashion I had more interest in. I realised how people in Ghana have no sense of style whatsoever and I wanted to change that so I too fashion seriously. I sketched at every opportunity and even tried looking for fashion schools to attend even though my parents were not so sure about the idea. I started giving people ideas on clothing combinations and before I knew it my mum told everyone that I was the next upcoming Fashion Designer and to my surprise people started telling me to make sketches for them so they can sew them and they would actually pay me. Then I knew I couldn't live without Fashion and it has become a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment