My Blog List

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Collection

These are my final outfits for my end of year project. In designing them, i intended to blend my culture with that of the western world and also got further inspiration from architecture. As an African woman, i intend to put in the cultural element by the use of African prints and fabrics to make the outfits. This i believe will fill in the need in the industry for different colour blends that show vibrance and creativity. This particularly would appeal to the younger generation in my opinion as well as those who want to relive their youthful days.
The designs below depict a blend in the twos cultures because I feel both cultures have to experience each other. In the same way, the architectural element in the designs are shown in the additions to the outfits. The spikes in the jacket on the third design and in the trousers of the first design aim to show the confidence in a woman and dominion. The other parts also aim to show pride. Above all every african print has some significance in its cultural context and this i hope to explicitly illustrate through the designs i make in the future as well with respect to the particular fabric i use for it. I hope this stimulates your mind to look forward to my display of creativity as i bring these designs to life. Hope you like it, Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment