My Blog List

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hats: An Anthology by Stephen Jones













This display of hats was at the V&A museum in spring 2010. Stephen Jones is a talented designer, as you can see from the photos above. He explores the world of millinery from a hat designers point of view and interprets it in his hat designs. The exhibition highlighted the cultural, historic and decorative properties of the hat, displayed. His display was based on four main themes which were Inspiration, Creation, The Salon and The Client. He tries to bring his hats to life in a thematic way. I find this very inspiring because it shows that one can change the look of fashion accessories to make them look edgy and daring. His collection has made me think of the accessories I would use for my final collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment